Data Governance Engineer
Donostia, Spain and USA
What We Do:
NEM Solutions allows new scenarios for decision making in complex business with high uncertainty, projecting the future from available data, through knowledge services and unique and revolutionary memorable products.
We want to lead industry’s change and evolution to the productivity excellency, O&M cost reduction and assets life extension, everything being pulled using the power of the data.
What you will do:
At NEM Solutions we are currently working on projects that manage huge amount of data. These data do not only bring value to our customers through the A.U.R.A. ecosystem, but are also used by our Data Scientists and Data Engineers to improve our products and services. Your task will be to manage all the data being introduced to A.U.R.A. ecosystem, to establish data access policies, to determine quality standards on the data, and ultimately, to make an adequate organization of the information inside our organization.
If you decides to join NEM Solutions you will lead the implementation of one of the paradigms that has emerged after the implementation of Big Data in the industry: the Data Governance.
What are we going to get at NEM Solutions through the implementation of a Data Governance?
- Facilitate the migration of data through different systems.
- Comply with regulations and legislative requirements.
- Reduce business risks
- Facilitate data management by Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
- Costs reduction.
What knowledge will you need to do this work?
- Strong Java development experience.
- Knowledge of ETL processes.
- Experience developing software that manages huge amount of data.
- Ability to understand business requirements and building pragmatic/cost effective solutions using Agile project methodologies
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications.
- Attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, multi-tasking, estimate tasks, on-time deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field.
- Experience with Big Data environments (Hadoop, Hortonworks, HBase, …) is a plus.
Interested please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “Data Governance Engineer”.